Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Upon these I write the things of my soul January 23, 2017

Well hello!
This week was a little bit weird. We had lots of meetings and didn't get to work as much but we still had some cool experiences.
Wednesday we went on exchanges and it was so much fun. I stayed in my area and got to be with Sister Sherwood. She is the best, I just love her so much. We had so much fun and got to see cool miracles. We did service at the food bank and that was not as fun. It's better on Tuesdays. We got to bag rotten cucumbers. Fun. But after that we went to go tract and we went to talk to this group of guys and they didn't really want to talk. So we moved on. But when we were walking back to our car, one of he guys came up to us and wanted to know what we were about. So we shared the Book of Mormon with him and he was really interested in learning more. He said he was searching so that is cool. Then we went back to back with lessons. We taught Connie Turney. She is so adorable. She gave us donuts this time. She always has some treat. But then we went to see Julie Jacobs and that was an awesome lesson. We talked about the Atonement and it was just what she needed. It was just cool to know that we are doing the Lords work and that we can still teach to the needs of His children even though we may not be sure. He knows His children. The spirit was very strong and for the first time I realized how much I have been able to use the Atonement because of what I had to go through on my mission. After dinner we had a lesson with Victoria. She is doing much better. But it was just a good day of hard work. Love it.
Thursday we had zone conference. This one was a little weird though cause it was in preparation for a worldwide broadcast this week. There is going to be a change in our schedule. It confuses me though. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it for too long. But I also had to give my departing testimony and it was the scariest thing ever. But it was good because it just made me think about how much I have learned on my mission and how much I have grown. I have loved my mission so much.
Elder Mork
Friday we had another meeting because I am training and President called me out. I love when he does that. Thanks Pres. But it was really good. I just still have so much to do and I can still improve even though my time is coming to and end. There are still things to do. And I got to see Elder Mork one last time. That kid is the best.
Saturday we had a lesson with Gilbert (the one that came up to us) and it was pretty good. We had to sit outside and so that was pretty cold but that's ok. He is searching and willing. That night we met with the Ward Mission Leader and the Assistant to the Presidents and it was the funniest thing ever! I almost punched Elder Olsen though. People just love to tease me. But he just kept saying people like Elders more but I
know the truth. I'ts fine. But that night, Sister Cameron and I had fun with Berttie Botts Every Flavored Beans. There are some seriously nasty ones. The soap ones were pretty good though! 
Sunday was the best day. After Church I felt like myself again. Lately it's been a little bit weird for me but we had a cool experience and it was good to be back. We had a really great lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Cindi and Jackie. It was so good. But after dinner we went to these apartments that we haven't been to yet to tract. And that is where we found Allie. We went up to her and she started talking about how she is Catholic but I just kept asking questions and talking about the Book of Mormon and she just opened up. She is 27 and should have 9 kids but only 2 have survived. She is just really struggling and I was just overwhelmed with God's love for her. I love when I feel that for people, even though I may not know them. God knows His children and He cares. So that was cool. Hopefully we can keep helping her with the Gospel. And then there was this guy far away and I was like, we have to talk to everyone and it was awkward but we did. And that was when I felt like myself. And I was like, that is the real Sister Richards. And Sister Cameron says, I know its the real Sister Richards when I don't want to do it. Haha I loved that. I have a job to do and nothing will keep me from doing it. No matter how awkward. Love it!
Anyway I hope all is well and that you have a wonderful week! Know that I love you!

Much love,
Sister Richards

Westminster Zone.  Yes, we are the only Sisters


My Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment