Monday, February 8, 2016

It's always good weather....February 8, 2016

Well helloooooooo,
Thanks for Ben's confirmation thing, that was very nice. And thanks for getting everything squared away with my loans. I am glad that Beth could be me. I was actually just thinking we are the same. It's weird. Also I love the new family group chat name. I think the Broncos won so you guys didn't pray hard enough. But I don't really care :)
 
This week was pretty average. Monday night we went street contacting down in Colfax at like 8 pm. That was quite an adventure, a scary one at that. If you don't know about Colfax, let me tell you, it is not the place to be at 8 pm. But we were protected. These two guys came up to us and just wanted to Bible bash but I didn't really listen to anything they said cause all I could think about was all the different scenarios that were going through my head in case something happened and I had to hurt people. It was funny.
 
Tuesday our cars got grounded so we had to walk everywhere. Boy did my toes hurt by the end of the night. But I survived. Luckily we had nice people give us rides to a spot and to dinner and then home. Also I had the fanciest grilled cheese ever for dinner that day. I never thought that could be a thing. But walking all day was quite an adventure and I learned a lot from it--mainly that I need to be humble and just do what God tells me to so that I can be what He wants me to be. It was a rather fun adventure.
 
Wednesday we got to go to the Temple and oh my goodness it made me happy. It has been way too long. This whole Temple every three months might destroy my soul... Oh well. But I had a really cool experience in the Celestial Room so it's all good. I also got to see some people that I haven't in a while and it made me happy. Also I got this really awesome picture of Christ and Peter walking on water. It's my favorite story. The guy that painted it is David Bowman I think and I really like all of his pictures of Christ. They are really cool. Check him out. That day was a struggle though cause I had to wake up at 4 to go and I almost fell asleep in all the lessons we had that day. It was brutal. But we did find a new investigator so that was cool. I don't know how solid he is yet but there is always hope and prayers.
 
Thursday we went on exchanges and I stayed in my area with Sister Tracy, who is now my Sister Training Leader. It was great to be with her again although it was different. We are both so different than when we first came out. But I loved being her companion for the day again. She is such an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from her. We talked to a Russian lady and that was fun. She doesn't live in our area but still. We even gave her a Russian Book of Mormon. Wonderful. Oh, also we are doing this challenge in my district to see who can give out 25 copies of the Book of Mormon first. Challenge accepted. I think we are tied with the zone leaders right now but that will change if I have anything to say about it.
 
Friday I met with the coolest lady ever. She was just so cool. She has so many cool stories and has a really great outlook on life. She also can travel anywhere for free. I want to be her. But she told a story that talked about how every stone that is in our life is for our good and puts us in the places that we need to be. I really liked that and it made me think of how every trial can either be turned into stumbling blocks or stepping stones. It was a really great meeting. She is awesome.
 
Saturday I finally met one of our investigators that we actually dropped. She is really sweet but was really struggling with the fact that Joseph Smith was not mentioned in the Bible. She was told by another pastor that he is not real because he is not in the Bible. It caused her great distress and nothing we said could really calm her down. So I asked if I could pray with her and after I prayed, she didn't care about Joseph Smith. She just wanted to talk about God and that we are not about Joseph but about Christ. It was really cool to see the Spirit work in her after we prayed with her. She will have to come to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet but I think that will come with time, if it be God's will.
 
Sunday was interesting. I hate football. And we were not really allowed to go knock on doors because the Broncos were playing and people here are crazy. People were wearing jerseys to Church under their suits and if I saw one more person in orange and blue, I think I would have to barf. But I really liked that Aunt Joyce called them the Denver Donkeys. That makes me happy. Anyway so I did a lot of studying and I had a really cool experience. I can't really explain it but I have changed and all I can say is that I know God is real and that He is there for me. I have been trying to memorize the Living Christ and it is really awesome. A lot of things have been put into perspective for me. But that doesn't mean there won't be trials cause heaven knows I am not perfect. But I am trying to be like Jesus. 
This is a great work here and I am glad to be a part of it. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!! I love you and I am grateful for your support!!! 

Much love, 
Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment