Friday, May 20, 2016

Let us all press on May 9, 2016

Temple day!:)
Well it was good to hear from you yesterday. 45 minutes is way too short. But alas, it was still good to see you all.
This week was kind of crazy ridiculous.
Tuesday we went on exchanges and I went to Arvada and that was so much fun. I was with Sister Walker. She is so freaking cute. I just love her. And boy is she a great teacher. I was blown away by her skills. But we had some fun. It was good to get out of my area for the day. 
Wednesday was so awesome because we got to go to the Temple. It has been way too long. But I had a really cool experience in the Temple too. We were in the Celestial room and I was praying really hard for an answer to a question I have been asking for about 2 months now. So I was just looking out at everyone and at the chandelier and then randomly a sister, that I don't really know, came up to me and said something to me that really touched me. I looked back at everyone and I really felt like we were all in the Celestial Kingdom together. I felt God's presence there very strongly at that moment too. There was just so much power in that room with all the missionaries. And then I just was overcome. I had gotten my answer. This has been really hard for me as of late but I would not have the relationship with God that I have now if I had never been through the things I have been through. So it was just a really good
Yes, we are adorable
experience. I just now must press on and keep finding strength in Him. But the rest of the day was spent at home because my companion had to get a tooth pulled and so she was not in a good position to go out teaching. But I had fun cleaning up the area book and working on things. Organizing is my favorite. :)
Thursday we District Meeting. That was actually really good. We did some role plays about teaching certain lessons and for once in my life I didn't feel like a complete idiot when teaching. I don't know why but it was good. I learned a lot. Oh and since it was Cinco de Mayo, we all got tacos from the head bee aka Elder Burt, our District Leader. He is funny. Not much else happened that day. We got to do service for the old folks playing bean bag baseball. It's so fun. They just love to tease each other, it's great. Then we had a lesson with the Machados about faith. Faith is everything, let me just tell you. We had some crazy interactions with trying to talk to less active members too. One was going off about how we are a cult and for once in my life I felt like my testimony was not shaken. Nothing he said would make me believe otherwise. I was just really glad that I do have the testimony I have, no matter how small it may be. And then we talked to another less active member that I'm pretty sure was going to kill us if we didn't leave his porch immediately. That one shook me up. Luckily his wife was super friendly. Oh the life of a missionary.
Friday was kind of a crazy messed up day. Everything was out of wack. But we did get to see one of our
less active members who is really struggling right now. So we just read about the Atonement with her. My
Again 
favorite scripture as of late is 1 Nephi 21:16. I have probably already shared that with you but it is just my favorite. We are in His hands. Any way the rest of the day was a lot of rejection....   
Saturday was pretty much the same rejection all day! It was rough. But we got to have dinner with this cute family with a kid that has the chubbiest cheeks I have ever seen. It was great.
But that was basically my week. Lots of roller-coaster emotions and experiences but they have been some good ones.
Again it was so good to see you! I hope you have a wonderful week! Love you!! Thanks for all you do for me!!

Much love,
Sister Richards
 
Sister Piutau, one of my Sister Training Leaders. She is so funny!

Sister Walker

All the lovely Sisters
 

No comments:

Post a Comment