Friday, May 20, 2016

Adventures of the foot tan: part 2 May 16, 2016

Westminster Zone
So it is starting to be summer again and my foot tan is coming back with a force. Although the last couple of days have been so cold, it makes me so sad. But we must press on!
So Monday we had zone preparation day and boy was that fun. But I left feeling like an old lady cause every single part of my body was sore. We played Toilet Paper dodge ball and boy was that fun. I am proud to say that I got lots of the Elders out many times. Even the AP's (Assistant to the President). Ha! The AP's scare me though for real... too cool for me. Just kidding, they are awesome. 
Tuesday we had service at the food bank and we actually had a lot to do. It was great fun. And I could carry a box of bananas without my brace on. I am moving up in the world. Although I am pretty sure I wasn't supposed to. I just forgot my brace... Then we did service at the retirement home painting nails. Those ladies just crack me up. They are just so sweet but at the same time so sassy, its great!! Not much else happened that day but finding and knocking our knuckles away. Oh but we did some more service. The Relief Society was having an
activity where they were cleaning up the road by the Church so we went to help out. That was really fun too cause then they had a fire and we sang songs and roasted some mallows. But then we had to get back to work...
Wednesday was awesome! We had zone meeting and let me just tell you, my zone is bomb. Oh and the AP's stole our car for the day. That was fun. But luckily the sisters in our zone don't have much else to do either so they helped us out with some rides. They are the best. But in zone meeting we talked about hope, which was awesome because that has been my topic of study this transfer. And then we talked about finding joy in the now. It was just really what I needed. I always feel so uplifted after amazing trainings and being around awesome missionaries. But then we had a pretty cool lesson with a less active family. It was really sad though cause the 13 yr old is being bullied by the girls at Church. I was so sad when I heard that. Jesus said love everyone!! Treat them kindly too! So we talked about faith and trying to keep that childlike faith that we have when we are young. But then we had to walk so fast to get to dinner. We were only 6 minutes late. That is impressive considering the length we had to walk. And let me tell you dinner was good. They are a cute family that I hadn't actually met so it was good. Then we finally got our car back so we could go and visit with my favorite Scottish less active member. Brother Andrews continues to call me Mom and it just cracks me up. I see him feel the Spirit and he is starting to read his Book of Mormon again. I just don't know how to help him get to Church! Silly man...
Thursday was a crazy day with lots of running around. We had interviews with President and Sister Mendenhall and that was really good. It has been a long time since I feel like I have been able to just sit and talk with them. Cause last time we had interviews, I was on some serious drugs.... But we had to rush cause Sister Banner had a dentist appointment. So then we had to rush to get to service for a member. That was fun. We were just moving rocks. And I could actually help this time. Then we had service at the old folks home again playing baseball. That was just so much fun. It gets to be a pretty heated competition between the teams, it's great. Then we visited with Sister Machado. She needed some good girl talk. But we also talked about the Atonement and how it can help her.
Friday was crazy too. We had to do an emergency exchange with the Brodlands sisters because one of them was sick. So I got to visit really rich crazy people. It was fun. Then we had lunch with a member where all she fed us was pastries. It was delicious. Probably not the healthiest.... but it sure did taste good. Our day was filled with finding and dinner with someone from Montgomery. She was going to make me chili but forgot. Oh well.
Saturday was a pretty good day considering we were tracting the whole day. We did have a good lesson with a less active member about the Atonement, forgiveness, and repentance. It was really good. I have never seen her so emotional before. Then we had a really fun dinner with the Cluffs. They are just great. They were shocked that I could quote so many movies too... Silly friends. But then we visited with Sister Anderson and boy, she just makes me happy. She says the funniest things. It makes my day every time. But the best was on Sunday. She was early and sat with us as the choir from the other ward was practicing. She was making fun of them so bad I couldn't help but laugh at the things she said. They were so mean though. Oh man, she is the best.
So that was my week. I am glad to hear about Stubbs. Although I can't quite support the team he is on
These are my PJ's.  Rockies shirt and Cincinati Reds pants. 
right now.... He can still be my favorite.
Anyway I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for the love and support!

Much love,
Sister Richards
The Sisters!

I could not help but send this adorable little bunny!! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment