Saturday, December 31, 2016

Dare to dream! November 7, 2016

Ok, for starters, I LOVED the play. So freaking funny. I totally knew you were going to do the brownie and pickle thing and crying... But that was great. And I assume you are going to do the story of how he came into my play for Brian. That will be good. I can't wait to hear it. :) I just loved it, but really Lana Lang? I mean really? Haha
This week was pretty great!
Monday for Halloween we got to spend the day with the Lybbert family. And they stole my camera so I have lots of random pictures. But my pumpkin this year was pretty dope, just saying. But that is really all we got to do. We had to be in by 7 which is right after dinner so we didn't do anything but carve pumpkins and eat candy and food. It was great! And I was Cinderella of course. :)
Tuesday we found a new investigator and he is Asian, named Muchun. I have been wanting to teach an Asian my whole mission! But he will probably be passed off to the Young Single Adults so... lame. But he was really interested to see what our Church looks like so we are going to do a tour for him. It's gonna be awesome. I also had lots of fun at the Task Force stuffing envelopes. I was the fastest one there, too. I did a lot. I just have a talent for doing mundane, brainless tasks! Haha! 
Wednesday we got to go to the Temple!!!!! I loved it!! It was my last time as a missionary going to the Temple and it was sad. But it was great and I got to hand out all those names that I kept forgetting to do the past 8 months or so, so that was great. There are only two left! And I got this new CD from Deseret Book called Gentri and it's my new favorite. There are only 7 songs on it but I love it so much!! (The subject of this email is one of their song lines). Then we went to Kneaders for brunch and we got it for free again. Ballin! But the other great part about the day was that Benji came back from Texas! I have missed him so much. He is going through a lot right now with his dad on the way out. I almost started to cry, my heart felt so much for him. But it was great to see him. He still teases me to no end. But that's ok. After dinner we went to an appointment with a potential and he left a note telling us he was not interested. It made me laugh. I will attach a picture. So it was a good day. We talked to a garbage man that was very nice. 
Thursday we had district meeting and not gonna lie, it was kind of lame. Our district picture is even lamer. But that's ok cause we had miracles happen. First we ran into these two guys that are from Aurora and were working on a house here in Parker, Jim and Seth. They were so nice!! And they were so excited that we invited them to come to Church with us. We gave them both Book of Mormons and Jim wanted a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. He asked us questions and said that we had all the answers he needed. It was really cool. They said we made their day, which in turn made my day. That is why I love being a missionary. And then we had another really cool lesson with a potential who almost became an investigator. She wanted to read the Book of Mormon before we even brought it up and wanted us to share the message with her. So that was cool. But she wants time to read so she wanted us to come back in December. Lame. But she has had so many interactions with the Church and LDS members, it's unreal. So she is cool. And her name is cool too, Theodosia. I don't remember where it's from though... Ireland maybe? Anyway...
Friday we had a pretty cool experience. We met with a less active member who is a "do not contact" in our ward. She was really nice to us though. We started talking on her porch but then she invited us in and gave us lots of her kid's candy and water. Then she told us her story and it was really cool. Kind of sad but interesting. And she was telling us she hates when missionaries would come over and ask if they could share a scripture. So I was thinking, dang, how are we going to share a scripture/message without her getting upset? But then it happened. As she was telling us her story, she brought up the scripture that hit her hard and made her want to be baptized. Mosiah 4:9-10 [Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
 10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.]. But she couldn't remember the reference, just what it said. So I found it for her and we talked about how God is there and everything testifies of Him. So we got to share a message with her and I felt a lot of Gods love for her so I had to tell her. So it was a really cool experience for me. We talked for a good hour or so. 
Saturday was a pretty good day as well. We found another gator and it was a really cool experience. After dinner we were tracting in the dark, which I hate doing, and something told me to keep going down this one street. So we did and we ran into Kyle. He was smoking on his porch and was probably drunk or high but he let us come up to his porch to share a message with him. He said that he had been going through a lot lately and was really struggling. So I shared a scripture about the Atonement with him and told him that Christ was looking out for him and knew what he was going through. I felt the Spirit so strong and just kept saying that this was exactly what he needed in his life. It was so cool. I wanted to end the night on that experience. But he was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to Church, which he didn't do. But it was still a great experience and I just felt so much love for the gospel and know that it's true. It's so true. 
Sunday we had a good stake conference broadcast and they talked about Temples. I can't wait to go to the Temple whenever I want! But not much else happened that day. We taught Liam, a 7 yr old and he is just so cute. 
So this week was great. I listen to my play at least once a day because I love it so much. I also love this Gospel so much and am so grateful for a Savior that loves me no matter what. I love Him too. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week and be grateful too! :)

Much love,
Sister Richards


 

No comments:

Post a Comment