Friday, January 6, 2017

F.I.N.E. November 14, 2016

I hope you remember what F.I.N.E means (Italian Job) cause that is how I am feeling right now about transfers. Let me tell you what is happening. So I am training a brand new missionary from the MTC. Oh it gets better, we are sweeping into an area (which means we are both new to the area and know nothing about it). So I am going to Westminster again but I am in the Savory Ponds Ward. OH WAIT, it gets even better. We are sharing the ward with the AP's... talk about intimidating. More like competition to blow them out of the water! Haha! So, yeah, I am kind of freaking out right now. But I am really excited at the same time. It's going to be great. Gotta love the greeny fire.
So anyway this week was an interesting one....
Monday we had zone pday and that was a lot of fun. We mainly played volleyball, which may have not been smart for me but that's OK. I had a ton of fun. The pain was worth it. And, of course, me and my random noises got lots of laughs. I don't know what it is but when I play volleyball, things just come out of my mouth. No control.
Tuesday was a pretty fun day. We had another car fast so we were biking all day. I had this sweet Beach Cruiser so I was having fun. And it didn't rain this time. But my companion wasn't talking to me that day so that made it hard and made us late to dinner. But we handed out a Book Of Mormon and talked to a lot of people so it was fun. We also did do service at the Task Force and that was so much fun. We had lots of food to sort and you know how I love to sort. But its always fun. It reminds me of the service we would do at the food pantry when I was a youth. Do they still do that? 
Wednesday was pretty good. We were on our way to go to service when we got a call form the Zone Leader asking where we were. They decided to switch the time of our zone meeting and didn't tell us. So we were late. Good one Elders... but it was a really good meeting. We talked a lot about success and personal and companion studies, which was much needed for me because my studies have been crap lately. But hopefully they are on the way up. We did a role play where we had to hand out a Book Of Mormon but the "non-members" were told to not accept it no matter what. So the point was that we can feel successful even though we may not hand out a Book Of Mormon or get baptisms. The success is in the commitment and the desire to share the Gospel and feeling the Spirit testify through you, which I did and I was the only one that felt like a success. That was a great learning experience for me. We taught a couple of random lessons that day and handed out a Book Of Mormon so that was great. 
The only thing I am going to talk about Thursday was when I got the call to train. So AP Olsen calls at night and when I heard it was the AP's I was freaking out. And then when he asked to talk to me, my heart sank. But then he started asking questions about our apartment and bed bugs so I thought I was safe but then he asked one more question. I almost passed out for real and asked if they were sure they had the right sister but ended up saying yes I would do it. So that night, I couldn't sleep and had to be lulled to sleep by listening to Pride and Prejudice. So that was fun. Oh we also had lunch with Benji and that is always a treat! I will miss him!
Friday I got to be companions with Sister Dennis for most of the night because she was training too so we went to the trainers meeting together and exchanged. It was so much fun to be with Sister Dennis again. We were meant to be companions. We have a plan though. After we train our greenies, they will followup train each other, just like we did, and then we will kill each other off. So that is what will happen. 
Well I am running out of time today. But I hope and pray that you all are doing well! Keep the faith and know that I am praying for all of you. Also Ella and Owen are adorable. And I am glad that Owen knows whats right with the superman bib. Just saying!

Much love,
Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment