Friday, January 20, 2017

Merry bells keep ringing December 12, 2016

Winnie the Pooh is my favorite! :)
Mom you got that song stuck in my head! Haha
This week was a little interesting. It's not going to have a lot of details, sorry.
Monday we had sisters preparation day. We made graham-cracker gingerbread houses. Mine was a castle with me as the Princess gummy bear! :) It was great.
Tuesday we had a car fast. But no bikes this time :( But it was still pretty good. We got to Light the World. It was really cool because the two people that we shared it with really needed it that day. God has a perfect plan. But it was so cold that day. I was shivering for an hour before I could warm up. And my lips were purple. I have never been so cold in my life. It was crazy. 
Wednesday we had snow!!! Yay! We also had a zone meeting. That was really good. I think the biggest thing I learned was how personal and far reaching the Atonement really is. I know this is probably common knowledge but it blew my mind. Everyone has their own personal trials. I don't believe that any one is the same because no one person is the same. We all react differently to different things and have different personalities. And so when I thought about Christ going through every single on of those trials for every single person... blew my mind. And that is why He is my personal Savior. Food for thought. We also got to teach some people so that was good. We taught a potential investigator that said she reads the Book of Mormon everyday but I'm not too sure she really does, cause she didn't have a clue what we were talking about. But that's OK and really cool if she does. We then went to visit a less active member  who was very hesitant to let us in but she said we could for 10 minutes. An hour later we got to share the Christmas video with her and she just loved it. So we had a great conversation. I love when that happens. Also, we had dinner with the Schrecengosts!! It was really funny cause I was like, I know that name, it's not a very common name. Yup, it's the former stake president's son. Also random note, our Sister Training Leaders met Brother Shim ( I can't remember if that's him) and he asked about me apparently. 
Anyway, Thursday was kind of a slow day. We met with Sister McCormac. She is so funny to me. Really sweet lady but just cant get to Church because of health. Sad. We also had a cool lesson with another less active members, the Kautz. It was cool cause we shared the Christmas video and the dad had already downloaded the calendar with the 25 ways. I thought that was cool. One day they will return. 
Friday we had a trainer's meeting and that was really great. I learned a lot about teaching and obedience. It was really good. The rest of the day we were just trying to visit with the widows in our ward. They are so cute. And they really appreciated us coming to visit them. They get so lonely, it's really sad. But then we went to see Victoria and she is just really struggling. It was so sad. I just had so many scriptures running through my head that I wanted to share with her, so I wrote them on a sticky note. 
Saturday was another long day and not the normal day but we had a great lesson with a less active member and she was really into it. I don't know what was the difference this time but it was really personal to her and she just wanted to learn so much more. We shared the story of the woman with the issue of blood, which is one of my favorites. So it was really great. We had Stake Conference that night too and Elder Schmile (?) of the Seventy came to talk to us. He is really cool and has a lot of good things to say. Funny guy too. 
Sunday was another Stake Conference. We also had this really cool Christmas concert for our Stake and it was so good. It was cool too cause I got to see a lot of people from Red Leaf and even someone from Henderson. LOVE. That made my night. 
Well that is the week in a nutshell. I can't wait to see you all. I hope you have a wonderful week. Keep loving and keep believing. Don't let the Atonement go to waste and make it personal!

Much love,
Sister Richards

PS: Yes mom, I have made the pat of butter. Still working on it too! :)
I found the popcorn... and ate it all in 2 days...

Sisters preparation day

Getting ready to walk with our Lamberfeeties :)

Ralph


It was cold and had to bring out the big guns

Zone meeting

I found my street again!!!!

This is my quiet place where I eat all the smarties in the world

Don't make me angry :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment