Friday, January 20, 2017

Happy day!! December 5, 2016

Sister Fa'a... I look so white....
You are right! That is the best news ever. What a beautiful answer to all the prayers we have had over the years!! That is so awesome! I am so excited for Jeff!!!!
Christmas season is definitely a busy one. Which is sad. In all the hustle and bustle I hope we don't forget about Christ and what this is really all about. And I hope that we are all able to light the world with His love this month. It's a great one. 
Anyway this week was a pretty good one.
Tuesday we went on exchanges. That was really fun for me. Being able to get out of trainer mode for a day was really nice. Not that I don't love it but boy, it's stressful. So I went to Denver North to be with Sister Fa'amausili. It was so much fun. I had a blast with her. She came out a transfer before me so we are kind of both in the same boat. It was great to talk to someone that has been out about the same time. We also had a lot of great lessons. I learned so much from her about how to teach and plan. It was just what I needed. Still working on implementing them but I'm trying. We taught this recent convert the Gospel of Jesus Christ using the bible videos and it was so cool. I love those bible videos. I also loved the story we shared for faith. The woman with the issue of blood is one of my favorite stories in the bible. I love that it says that Christ felt virtue leave him when all these people were touching him. He knew that someone had the faith to be healed and was. It was great. I loved it. We also had a cool experience with a potential investigator. We knocked on the door and he let us in because he wanted to tell us about a cool experience he had. So the sisters had talked to him about a month ago and he was really struggling with things and when the sisters had left, he got a call from a friend. His friend told him that God wanted him to give Julian some money and it was just what Julian needed to make it through. It was so cool to hear that story. He then thought there was a reason we came back. But he said "Mormon was not his cup of tea". Just you wait sir. The Spirit can do wonderful things. It was just funny to me too cause he knew there was a reason we showed up but he was blind to the possibilities. So that was cool. We taught some other people and laughed and just had so much fun. It was great. One last thing. We taught another recent convert that was just so cute. We were sharing the Christmas video with her and I just felt so much love for Christ and so much power from the light that He brings to our lives. 
Wednesday was a pretty great day. Kind of long but good. We ran into a less active member that we didn't know was on our list but she let us share the Christmas message with her. Her story is interesting to me but I am not the judge. She was super nice though. But the best part of the day was when we found Lili. She was a potential in our book and she let us in to share the Christmas message with her. She just loved it and really felt it was a sign that we came to her door. God is real, and I love Him. But we started talking about Church and she was so excited. She really wanted to come to Church and even stay for all 3 hours (sadly, she didn't). But after we finished with a prayer she said that she felt the Spirit so strong. Even one of her kids did too. It was so cool. She already feels the Spirit and can recognize it. It was another cool experience. 
Thursday was BOMB. It was the start of the #LightTheWorld initiative. So all we did that day was a bunch of service. I love service. We even taught a couple of people too. Oh and guess what? I got to use a blower again. That made my life. But once again I forgot my camera and didn't get a picture... Lame. But it was fun. Then we taught one of our investigators named Delbert. He is an interesting character. But super sweet guy. His dad just died and he is really struggling with that. So I shared with him Alma 40:11-12 [11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
 12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.]and he just loved that. It was great. Then we taught another less active member but it was kind of frustrating cause she wouldn't listen to us but kept venting. It's annoying. But we just did a bunch of service for the rest of the night. We went to Santa's workshop and we were his elves for the night. It was so fun. And one of the senior couples took us out to dinner somewhere in Malley and it was so much fun. We talked about Malley and the good old days. I loved that place. Anyway it was a great day! Lots of fun.
Friday was a long day and not much happened. There was a moment during weekly planning when my companion tried to break my arm again and I went tumbling to the ground and landed on all of our books. And the chair came tumbling down on top of me. Good times. I have a nice little bruise. Good times. We did share the Christmas video with some 17 yr olds. That was fun. 
Saturday was a weird day. We had District Meeting. That was fun. We have two greenies in our district and it's just a lot of fun. But that is the extent of that day...
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week full of the light of Christ! Remember Him always! I love being a servant for Christ! Keep the faith!

Much love,
Sister Richards
We found a dog on the roof of a house just chillin

Mom I found your street!!!



Someone gave us this baby Christmas tree!!! It's so cute!!!!

The chair incident during weekly planning....

No comments:

Post a Comment