Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Transfers are Wonderful September 14, 2015

THOR

I think this dog looks like an Ewok and it made me so happy. His name is Thor. Hahaha

So an update about transfers. Oh is this a funny story. So I am staying in my area and that is kind of stressful cause that means since I have been here, I really need to know the area. Scary. But the funny part is my new companion. Her name is Sister Dennis. And she is training me. But I am also training her. Yeah, we are follow-up training each other. Yeah Sister Dennis came out the same day I did. What on earth is President thinking? But I am really excited about it. I think this will be good.  So yeah.
But the last week was really good for us. We actually hit our goal of lessons. Not that we had a lot but it keeps getting better each week so I have hope for the future. Now I just need to get past the awkward first stages of the "getting to know you". But it'll be great. 
So I don't have my planner to help me remember things so I am just going to ramble. Our old friend Ray wants to be baptized so that is super exciting. He just needs to come to Church. Hopefully he makes it. He is so old. It kind of makes me sad. So we are super excited about that. 
Wednesday we went on exchanges and that was like the best day of my life. I could feel the Spirit so strong all day and it was truly amazing. I went with Sister Tracy to her area. She also came out with me
Sister Tracy
but she is seriously the best missionary ever. I wish I could be even half as awesome as her. So we just had an amazing day together. We worked hard, felt the Spirit, and opened our mouths. So many blessings. She is so funny too. We had a good talk about Provo cause she was there for a year before she left. That was fun. We went to dinner at Chipotle, yum, and then wanted ice cream. So we walked across the street to this Froyo place and the coolest thing happened. As I was checking out, the cashier was like, do I know you? I was like, I have never been in this place before. But then I continued to talk to her and she asked questions and then I was just like, do you wanna know more? So I got her name and number. So cool!! I don't even know what happened. I would never do something like that. That was all the Spirit. It was seriously so cool. Then we went to meet with a less active but we got there early so we went to the park across the street. This time Sister Tracy opened her mouth and got another potential. So cool. But the lesson with the less active was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and I just felt so much love for this man. And Sister Tracy told me today that he finally came to church yesterday!! God is real!!! So awesome. Man I can't even explain how awesome that day was and how much I learned! God is real!
Thursday I had my training and it went pretty well. It wasn't a complete fail. But honestly I learned so much while preparing for it so if no one in my district got anything, I did, so whateves. But I seriously love my district. I am going to miss them. But I still have Elder Bird as my district leader so that's awesome.
From left to right: Elder Bird (DL), Elder Bluhm, Elder T, Elder Porter
They are awesome!!!












But I hope I get the package. Our mail is so dumb. I just got a letter that was sent a month ago from a friend. I knew I had mail in limbo. But oh well. I am grateful that you would send me something. I can't believe I am turning 23. I feel so old. WHAT?! I can't wait. Also that means General Conference. Can't wait for that either.
I will have to think about the Christmas thing and get back to you.
Leia and the butter. SO FUNNY. That dog...
Hopefully Moo doesn't get sick again

But that's about all I have to write about. Plus I am running out of time and need to write President. I will send you some pictures. 

Much love, Sister Richards
Last Picture with Sister Neatherton

No comments:

Post a Comment