Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I love to laugh, Ha ha ha ha June 6, 2016

Ok, let me just tell you something. I have not laughed so much in my life as I have in the past couple of days being in Parker. I am LOVING it here. It is so awesome! I am stressed out of my mind but that is because I am covering two wards! But I seriously love it. I just have to find a way to keep everything straight between the wards. Crazy!
Wednesday was transfer day and I got roasted from standing outside so long waiting to get transferred. So that was fun! But I got to see pretty much everyone because I had to take my car with a companion all the way to Denver and go to Parker from there. It was great fun. Not much else happened that day but I just love my new companion. She is so funny. She is from Arizona and has been out for 6 months now and she is a pro. She has already taught me so much! And we laugh ALL THE TIME!! Its pretty great! Also she knows movie quotes almost better than I do and we just have a blast talking to each other in movie quotes. It's awesome!
Thursday we had a really good district meeting about talking to everyone and teaching on the doorstep! It was really good. Oh and guess what? Elder Bird is in my district again! Haha! So that is fun to know someone else. But it's great! But after district meeting we went out and talked to everyone. It was really cool. Nothing really came of it but I love doing it. It's so fun to try and share some truth with everyone cause I really think Heavenly Father puts us where we need to be. Its been great! And being new in the area everyone, of course, is asking how long I have been out and I really cant believe that it has been 10 months. It's really cool though. I can really tell how much I have changed. It's so weird. But let me tell you, I am loving it! We had a lesson with someone recovering from breast cancer and she is so awesome! I love that she has really just found God through her trials. It has just been a good reminder that everything hard thing I have gone through has made me into the person that I am today. And I wouldn't have it any other way. We also had another lesson with a recent convert who just got baptized a week ago. So awesome! He is great. We also had dinner with the Bishop for one of the wards... I think it is Auburn Hills... But they are so cool and their kids are so cute. Boston has to be my favorite! Maybe I will get a picture some day so you can see him!
Friday we found a new investigator!!! It was so awesome! Her name is Sydney! She is 15 and is searching to find which church is true. We had a great lesson with her about the Restoration. It really just confirmed to me of the truthfulness of the restoration to me and just that this is truly Christ's Church on the earth today in its fullness. She also said she would get baptized if she knew it was true. Also she is already in 2 Nephi! How cool is she? I am so excited for her.
Saturday was really crazy. We had Stake breakfast as in breakfast with the Stake Presidency, and that was so good. It's really nice to meet with the Stake to really find out their expectations. We had lunch with a member at this Italian place and I almost ate squid but I legit could not fathom it... nasty. Then we had a very interesting lesson with another recent convert. It was awkward... Anyway for dinner we were still full from lunch so I just played the piano at the Church while my companion took a nap. I ended up taking a nap too though. It was marvelous! Then we found another investigator that night who is Hindu. That was cool. We talked to like three Hindu families. One became an investigator, Nirmala, and the other agreed to a Church tour so that's cool. So many Hindu people on one street! But it was great!
Sunday was rough... Only because I had to go to 6 hours of church. But it was awesome! We had 5 investigators come to Church! And we put one on baptismal date after Church! It was so awesome! And the Spirit was so strong in that lesson no one could deny that truth. It was really great! Towards the end of the night I was struggling to stay focused and coherent but we made it with another lesson about the Priesthood. That was great. The Priesthood is so awesome! I love it.
But that is my week. It has been so crazy busy! I don't have time for anything! I don't know how I
survive but somehow I do. But this is a great work we are doing here and I am so happy to be a part of it all!
I am so sorry you didn't get to see Paul mom. Maybe in the afterlife ;). That summer camp thing sounds so cool! I hope you have fun! I want a shirt!! :) I hope you are enjoying the two little ones! I am glad you get to see them so often!!
Well I love you bunches! Thanks for all you do and all the prayers and love!!
Much love,
Sister Richards













No comments:

Post a Comment