Thursday, June 16, 2016

Skunk muffins and tartar sauce...... June 13, 2016

Just so you know, my wonderful companion says that all the time and it just cracks me up.
Thanks for the email. That was fun to read a little something from everyone. And of course I know that quote, get serious. And Camp Richai looks like so much fun! Glad you had fun!
This week was a good one. Our life is so crazy trying to cover two wards. But it's all good. 
Tuesday we had zone conference and it was really good. The theme was come and walk (shoulder to shoulder) in the light of Christ. It was just so good and I learned a lot. It was really sad though because that would be the last time that I get to see Hermana Tchan. It was very sad. She goes home at the end of this transfer. But I know that I will forever have a friend in her so it's all good. And my zone had the cleanest cars. Yeah, we cool. But then we went to our dinner appointment that night and we ring the door bell and they come to the door and are like, what are you doing here. And we were like, um dinner? They texted the wrong Sisters and thought that we cancelled on them. But they still fed us and it was the best chicken quesadillas I have ever had! Good times. Then we taught this 7 yr old that is getting baptized soon. He was so cute. 
Wednesday was pretty crazy. We got a lot of referrals so that was good. We also got to do service with the horses. In case you don't know, horses scare the crap out of me. But my companion loves them. In fact she used to train horses before the mission so I just let her do all the close to horse interactions. But we have fun. The horse we play with is named Smores and he head butted my butt so that was a little rude. But it's fun! We had a lesson with a recent convert. He is pretty cool. But he is struggling with the word of wisdom again so the lesson went way late. So then we were late to go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders.
So Thursday I went with Sister Kastner to the Parker ward. That was quite an adventure. So first of all they live out in the middle of nowhere so that was fun. But then Sister Kastner's tiwi card stopped working and she was not allowed to drive anymore. And I can't drive anymore either. So we had to bike. It was fun. I got super roasted though! I even put on sunscreen so you can't even be mad mom! But then the bike I was using got a flat tire. So then we just went around trying to contact people to see if they could help us. Sister Kastner is awesome. She would run to go talk to people. I was rather impressed. But we did some good work. We talked to this mother and daughter and their story is very interesting. So we gave them a Book of Mormon. We had a lesson with one of their investigators about fasting. It was really good. Dinner was awkward. But then we had another lesson with another investigator of theirs. That was good too. Then we exchanged back. It was a really fun day with lots of adventures.
Friday was pretty good. We had this really great conversation with one of our investigators named Todd. He is just recently divorced and has lots of questions. But he is pretty open to learning so hopefully he can progress. It was really cool though cause he wanted to hear about one of our other investigators, Amy, that has found truth. He thought it was so cool that she found truth. But the best part was his little girl, Decker. She was so cute. She asked if me and my companion were sisters and so we started to tell her about how she is a child of God and that we are all brother in sisters in a way. She thought that was so cool. It was so cute. So we gave her a picture of the temple and she loved it. She asked if we could bring another temple picture next time we came. It was the best.
Saturday was rough. Just cause it was so crazy. There was a carnival called Parker Days going on this weekend so we had a booth there. It was really fun cause we would have a set of missionaries at the booth talking about family history and then there would be like four other sets out contacting people. It was really fun. I talked to a lot of really cool people too. Some people really were interested so it was awesome. Then we went to do service at this food pantry where we sorted food and what not. I was so lost but I will get it down soon. After dinner we got into a contact with a referral and it kind of became a bash session. I knew it was going to go there but all I could do was testify of what I know. This experience really upset me but it also was very powerful cause I could feel a difference in the strength of my testimony. I had to keep telling myself, I know enough, because she was just pulling scriptures from the bible out of no where and all I could do was tell her what I know. And I know who my Savior is and that I can have the power of the Atonement work on me. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to do my best. Christ is my guiding light through the tunnel, not just the light at the end of the tunnel.
Anyway Sunday we were going from appointment to appointment from 7:30 in the morning all the way to 8 at night. So crazy. Newlin Meadows ward was really good. Lots of great talks about conversion and finding peace. After 6 hours of church we had to hurry to an appointment with Amy. She is so golden. She knows God loves her and the plan makes so much sense. She is so ready and it is so cool to be able to teach her. Then we hurried to dinner and that was fun. We had some really good burgers. It has been a long time since I had a good burger. It was nice. Then we had an active member lesson with the Nelson's. Their little girl was running around and totally ran into a corner of a table. It was so sad. She was very loopy after that. But then we finally had our last appointment for the night and we read D&C 121. I almost started to cry. I was freaking out all day about getting to our appointments and I was humbled by reading that section. Going about the Lords work can be hard and stressful but it is so worth everything. I realized and have accepted what has happened to me and that I wouldn't be the person I am now without those things that happened to me. I am stronger now because I was brought down to feel some small fraction of what the Savior went through for me. Elder Holland talks about walking shoulder to shoulder with the Christ and how we have to feel what he felt. He is there for us. He knows. 

Love you all! 
Sister Richards




So I forgot to tell you about this family that has the armor of God. So we put it on. It was way fun













No comments:

Post a Comment