Friday, October 9, 2015

We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet October 5, 2015

Man oh man was conference amazing or what?!! I will have to agree. I loved Elder Bednar's tribute too. It made me sad but happy at the same time. I also, of course, loved President Utchdorf and President Monson's talk. It was so sad to see him struggle at the end of his talk. But his counsel is still true. Love it. I do love the "ponderize" thing. I haven't quite decided what scripture I want to do yet. Maybe Mosiah 24:14. (14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.)  I don't know yet. I'll let you know. But conference was truly amazing and I learned so much. I can't wait to be able to read them again!!
This week I have come to realize how amazing it is that we have a Prophet on the earth today that we can listen to and receive guidance from God. It just makes me so happy to know that. 
This week was a little slow on the work but it's OK. The end of the week made up for it.
 On Wednesday the best thing ever happened at district meeting. My District Leader made me a birthday cake and my district surprised me with a card and a poster from the Sister Training Leaders. It was really awesome. It just made my day. Oh and we took the best district pictures ever! Totally my idea by the way. :)   
 
On my birthday a member got me a Spiderman cake and it was sogood to get it. I actually forgot that it was my birthday until we were at service with the Elders and they said happy birthday for real. But so many people did so many wonderful things for me that day. It was still hard to be away from home but I was so blessed and grateful to feel so much love from my district and Sister Training Leaders. They are wonderful. Also thank you for the necklace. I pretty much wear it all the time now. I love it.
Friday was such a Spirit-led day. We just were able to see so many miracles and had so many wonderful lessons. God is real and he truly answers prayers. We found two new investigators and it is just wonderful. 
Ray is getting baptized this Saturday and I am so beyond excited. He has come a long way and we have been praying so hard for him and I can actually see a difference in his countenance. So that's exciting.
Anyway sorry this email is so short. I am running out of time. But I am so grateful for my family. I just love them. And I love you both, mom and dad, very much. Thanks for all you do.  

Much love, Sister Richards

YAY BETH!!! Of course she wants to go to Scotland. I want to go too.
The bikes came from the mission. Since we aren't in a biking area they just let us borrow them. 
Wrapping trees is putting this wrapping that protects the small tree trunks from the cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment