Monday, November 23, 2015

Winter is coming!! November 16, 2015

Well hello,
This week was pretty good!
Tuesday we got to see Ashley, our investigator that is on baptism date. She is so awesome! But she is not feeling ready for the 28th to be baptized so hopefully some time in December. Then we had the best service ever!! We got to rake leaves for 3 straight hours. I was having so much fun!! It also made me feel like I was working grounds again. It was great. It also made me miss home a little bit cause of all the trees and leaves we would rake in the fall. So much fun. I got some pretty nice blisters from that. But I wasn't as sore as my companion. We had so much fun playing in the leaves. I felt like a kid again. Also, it dawned on me that I am a Missionary on a mission. Weird, I know. I have only been out for almost four months. Well that is weird. Anyway, we finally got to see Ray for a little bit. He is just not doing too well. Also he has been diagnosed with dementia so that is sad. I really think he is going soon. After dinner we helped this kid with his math homework. That made me want to cringe, which actually makes me sad cause I used to be really good at math in high school. We also shared this video called Hope of God's Light. You should watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It is one of my favorites. 
Wednesday we had interviews with the President. I just love President and Sister Mendenhall. They are just the best. I am so blessed to have them. Sister Mendenhall is just awesome. Also she had a bowl full of tootsie rolls, my favorite. I wanted to take the whole thing. Then we had District Meeting. That was good. We talked about unity and it was much needed for me. It was great. Then we helped a lady move, that was fun. Also it snowed today. That was fun. I definitely am going to have to get some boots. :)
Sister Mitchell fell out of the trash trying to smash the leaves down and the dog attacked her
Thursday we did some more service at Barr Lake and I again felt like I was working grounds again. It was great until they had us wash windows. We made the windows look worse than when we started cleaning them. The stuff they gave us to wash with just did not work. It was a struggle. But its all good. For dinner we had french dipped sandwiches. Never heard of it. But they were pretty good. It was just like dipping a roast beast sandwich in soy sauce or something. It was good. But then we had the coolest experience. We had a lesson with a someone that wants to come back to the church. So that morning, Sister Mitchell for some reason felt that we should talk about humility and it was perfect cause that is what I have been studying humility lately. I was like okay that sounds great. So we read Mosiah 4:11-12:
 11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.
(love those verses by the way) and we asked him what he got out of reading it and he was like I have actually been thinking a lot about humility and so it was just a perfect scripture for him. I was floored when he said humility. There were so many other things that he could have said from those two verses cause they are just loaded with goodness. But it was just really cool to see that God does know his children and that we can be lead by the Spirit to what they need to hear. And then that kind of humbled me cause then I was thinking about how important the Spirit truly is in this work. It was just a really cool experience and a great testimony builder for me.  
Friday we finally got to teach Ashley lesson one about the restoration and it was awesome. After I was testifying about how she can find out for herself she just said, that made me excited to learn more. It was so cool. She is seriously so awesome. 
Saturday was just a lot of finding and we actually taught 3 lessons so it was great
Sunday was all about the spirit. It was awesome!! 
That was basically my week. I will send some pictures from our adventure of the leaves. 
I love you all and I miss you tons!!
May God bless you in all you do! He is aware of you and is in the details of our lives.

Much love,
Sister Richards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment