Monday, November 30, 2015

Turkey Day is a wonderful day November 30, 2015

My life is complete Except I took this before I got the package with the better chili of Gold Star goodness :)
Well I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. There is much to be grateful for in our lives.
And I did get the box of wonderful goodies. It was very much appreciated. I was really craving some Gold Star for real. And I actually really wanted some of those freeze dried apples. Miracle! I actually found Skyline here at the King Soopers, which is just like Kroger. But Gold Star is better! They also have Graeters ice cream. Ballin'
Monday we had zone p-day and we played some good ol' volleyball. It was really fun. I did get a little
Zone P-day
competitive though... I definitely freaked some of the Elders out. Oh well. I can't really help it when I play volleyball. It just happens. But it was great.
Tuesday we did some awesome service of raking leaves. It was actually really fun. Nice day even though there was snow on the ground. We got to see Ray, Chris, and Stella. They are awesome. Ray thinks my companion is still Sister Dennis... awkward. 
Wednesday we had some good lessons with some less actives. We also had district meeting. That was really awesome. Some really good training about making the scriptures personal and getting the most out of planning. Good stuff.
Thursday we were not allowed to go anywhere unless invited so we just hung out and played some games cause no one invited us over. But we did have 2 dinners so that was great. And they were both with less active part member families. So it was really good. Nothing like your cooking mom but still good. I really miss your mashed potatoes. No one makes them like you do. But it was also snowing like crazy. I love snow. Which is funny cause I hated it when I was shoveling it at 2 in the morning. I'm honestly surprised I don't get some serious PTSD from seeing snow fall. But it was beautiful.
Friday we did this service at the Hmong New Year. It was really cool to see the culture and what they did to celebrate. I have never seen so many Asians before in my life though... oh boy. That's about all for that day
Saturday we talked to this man that was super religious. But he was really awesome. He told me things that I really needed to hear that day so it was a little tender mercy. 
Sunday we had dinner with such a wonderful family. Their kids were crazy. But she was so wonderfully sweet and made my day. Tender mercy again. 
But that was about it for my week! Happy Birthday to Keith and baby Kevin. I can't believe he is 2 already. Time flies. Any way I love you and hope you have a wonderful week!
Sister Tammy Swafford is just the best!
Love, Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment