Sunday, April 24, 2016

No pain, no gain April 18, 2016

Props from the Talent Show
This week was a very interesting last week of the transfer. Speaking of transfers, I have a new companion for this next transfer. But I finally get to stay in the same place though. Sister Nelson is off to go be a follow-up trainer. So sad. I will miss her. But my new companion is Sister Banner. She actually came out with me too. So that is another one for the books. I have now been companions with 4 out of 6 of the Sisters that came out with me. What fun!

Monday we had Sisters p-day (preparation) and we just sat around and talked and had lots of candy. It was great fun. We also watched Meet the Mormons. I only wanted to listen to David Archuleta sing at the end so... We had dinner with my favorite people, the Daybells. They are like the happiest family ever. Love it.
 
Tuesday was good. We did a lot of service for the food bank and it was so much fun. Also I found Girl Scout cookies that they let us take home... I took 4 boxes... 3 of which were Peanut Butter Patties. I just couldn't help myself. The sad thing is they are pretty much all gone now... :) 
 
Wednesday was crazy busy. We got to do some service for a member removing rocks and boy did I get fried. But it was only the arm that has been in a cast for 2 months.... So many regrets. But it was worth the burn. It was good to be outside doing yard work again. Then we had another lesson with Mike, our investigator. That was a little weird. The lesson didn't flow very well cause something was way off. So we think we are going to pass him off to the Elders because we don't think we should not teach him anymore for certain reasons. So we are going to see what happens with him. But he came to Church so that is great. Then I had to go to therapy. That was fun. I don't know if I told you about the corn heater thing they put my arm in but we did that again and it just feels so nice. My scar is looking good and now I get to do some weight strengthening. So I have been using a can of Gold Star as my weight. :) good thing I have some! I still have a lot of burning and problems going palm down but hopefully that changes soon. Then we had a lesson with our Scottish friend, B. Andrews. We talked about Lehi's dream and the different types of people we could be. He was definitely getting what we were trying to say. So we are slowly working with him. Then we had another less active member that we got to see. He has a great testimony. I don't know why he doesn't come to Church yet but hopefully we will keep working with him.
 
District Meeting
Thursday we had a District Meeting that was pretty good actually. It got me thinking a lot about what I am doing right now. Lots of food for thought. Thursday we also had a lesson with the Machados that are active but trying to go to the temple. We shared a video about blessings. It was from a talk Utchdorf gave awhile ago. Good stuff. 
 
Friday was a very special day. It was my last day at therapy, only because the Church won't let me do more than six sessions or I would have to go home. So she gave me lots of putty and things that I am going to have to do for the next 6 months probably. No pain, no gain has been my motto as of late. That is the only way I will get movement back. I am just scared that I won't do something right and I won't be able to see my progression. It was very sad leaving the hospital for the last time. I really liked all my therapists and my doctor. Good people. We got back and had a lesson with Dana and Michelle. We are teaching them the lessons again to help them get their testimonies back. We had dinner with the Martins and we had a really good lesson with them. I read a scripture that I found recently and it was very tender. It's 1 Nephi 21:15-16. Look it up. We are in His hands.
 
Dumb snow--this is what we look like when it snows in April
 
Saturday it snowed...all day... It was a very wet snow and we were not happy, Bob. Not happy. But the Ward had a really awesome talent show that we went to. There was even a less active member there but he did not want to talk to us at all. Awko-taco my life. But the talent show was bomb. I wish we would have thought to do something. I did actually but it was while the talent show was going on... I am lame.
But that was our week. I loved the superman outfit! I want one! The party sounded like lots of fun!
 
 
 
 
I hope you have a great week. Thanks for the love and support!!

Much love,
Sister Richards  
 
Sisters Preparation Day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment