Friday, October 21, 2016

Blessings of the Temple! September 6, 2016

Sadly this is the only picture from this week... I need more! I did the math one day and I found out that I needed to take 55 pictures every day to fill my card by the end of my mission... here comes random pictures
Well glad to hear you had a great time in Colorado, Mom. It's a good thing I had no idea!! Geez!
Well this week we didn't really have a lot of time to do much! We were up at the Fort Collins Temple helping with the open house Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! So that was really awesome! And I got to see lots of people from my past wards! And this one less active family recognized me before I even saw them so that made me happy! And yes, the temple is beautiful! I love being able to go there and help out. There really is such a Spirit there even though it hasn't been dedicated yet. It makes me happy. And whenever we are the last tour we get to go through the Temple and it is just so awesome! I love being in the Bride Room and the Celestial Room. They are really amazing! The Baptistery is really pretty, too. It's small but very detailed. And the crystals on the chandeliers are my favorite. I just love the Temple!!
Tuesday we had a pretty good District Meeting. Our new missionary gave his first training on being a consecrated missionary. It was pretty good. I did a role play with him and he was so nervous, poor guy. But I'm sure he will do great things. 
We did get to teach a less active girl on Wednesday and that was really cool. She is just so ready to start trying. She wants us to come over and to bring the Spirit to her home. You don't get that a lot here. She is super sweet! I think it's going to be a slow process for her but I think she will get there. 
Thursday was really our only day to do missionary work. And we got a new investigator from it. We were running back and forth between both Wards pretty much every hour. It was insane. But we talked with one of our investigators, Sharon, who likes to contradict herself sometimes. Very confusing. She believes in what we do, she just doesn't think she needs to be Mormon to believe it. Interesting. Then we taught a Hindu lady. Let me tell you, teaching Hindus is hard but she loves Jesus so that's cool. Except she dropped us so not so cool. That's the fastest investigator I think I have had. Found her Sunday and got dropped on Thursday. Dang... But our new investigator is Danielle. She is super sweet! It started with her telling us we could come back cause of her kids, but then her kids went to play dress up and she had all the questions. And we basically taught a principle from every lesson before we just asked to share the whole thing. So she said we could. Her ex-husband was a member so she is familiar but is interested in learning more. Her husband now is a quiet soul. Very interesting. I am hoping that he will find God again as we come over more and more. Then we taught Benji. He is progressing so well. He gets all emotional when we pray and he is so excited for his Baptism. It's going great with him. He just likes to talk a lot. But we have a great sass relationship. He says I give him the "mom look" which I don't know what he is talking about but whatever. He's awesome.
Saturday was a bit crazy. We found another investigator who is Muslim. But I don't think it's going to go very far with this one either but we will just have to wait and see what happens I guess. They have very similar beliefs as us so that's cool. 
Sunday was back and forth again. We had back to back appointments like every half hour. Crazy. But I love visiting with Brother Ogden and his daughter Sister Grieves. I don't know if I have ever talked about them before but they are just awesome. I always learn so much when I go over there. Their whole family is just going through so much right now it's ridiculous. But they also have so much faith. And I love to hear stories from Sister Grieves' mission. We just shared our favorite scriptures this last time and Brother Ogden shared Luke 9:62, which I just came across recently and it's just awesome. And it makes me think of Meet the Robinsons. (love that movie). But we cant go back to our old self. All we can do is move forward. It's like President Uchtdorf always says, start where you are. I just love that.   
Anyway I love you all and I love the work. This Gospel truly is amazing and I couldn't imagine my life without it. Thank you for all the support you give to me so that I could be here serving the people of Colorado! Love you all! And love Jesus!

Much love,
Sister Richards


Ok so we were going through a car wash and they had monkeys at the end and I flipped out. I don't know if you know but I hate monkeys. It was like they were going to come in the car and attack me... not cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment