Friday, October 21, 2016

That's all she wrote.....August 30, 2016

First off, sorry we didn't get to email yesterday because we were helping with the Fort Collins Temple open house all day. So that was fun!
But this week was pretty good. Things are finally picking up so it's going pretty good. 
Tuesday we got a new investigator! Her name is Sharon. She is the sweetest older lady ever. And what is even better, she believes in pretty much everything we do. She believes in the Book of Mormon and that there is a prophet. But she doesn't think she needs to be Mormon to believe that. Which is true but it's not all about the beliefs, its the Ordinances and the lifestyle. So we will see what happens with her. She is so sweet though!
Wednesday we went to help out at the Temple again. That was a good time. Except having to wake up at 4:30 in the morning. That was not fun. I don't like being up before the sun. So there is not much to talk about that day. Except I got to see a lot of my old friends. Missionaries and members from past wards! That makes me happy! But we had a really fun dinner with the Giles. They are so cute, especially their daughter. She has the cutest giggle and was telling us about how they put their dog in a princess dress. That was funny. Anyway we did find another investigator after dinner. We only got halfway through our lesson when he had to go but hopefully we will help him. He already bailed on us so that's lame but we will see.
Thursday we had District Meeting and we have a new missionary in our district! I love new missionaries. They are so fun! But our whole meeting was about helping people overcome addiction. That was very interesting. I want to try something in Preach My Gospel about giving up a bad habit, for example, eating too much, to see how hard it is. Let me tell you, I failed the very first day. Haha but I will try again... maybe. Anyway we had a pretty good lesson with some less active members. They are from Trinidad. They are so cool. Super sweet too.
Lunch with Benji
We also had a really good lesson with Benji. He is just progressing so nicely. We just talked about some commandments and he just loves it. He is so excited to learn and do what we ask, it's great. And then we had a pretty terrible lesson with another set of investigators, Jeff and Marianne. All I'm gonna say is that it turned into a mild bible bash and they don't really listen to us. Plus it didn't help that our member kept bringing some things up that didn't need to be brought up. And then Jeff got insulted twice. Sigh. It was very frustrating and of course I cried after cause I just can't handle when people want to bash. I have nothing against them but what I know. But that was very frustrating. 
Friday we got to see another investigator who actually dropped us. But it was going to happen anyway. But she still is the sweetest lady ever and will feed us whenever! We also had a ward pool party and that was kind of a bust. There were no non-members there so we didn't really stay long. But the food was good. 
I hate rain
Saturday was a really good day. We talked to a lot of people. We were tracting and asked if we could do service for a lady and she said no, so we moved on. But then when we were walking by again she came out and changed her mind. So we helped her with some small things around the house and said a prayer with her for her health. So she gave us lots of candy. But it was cool because you could see a difference in the husband as we were there. He was not as friendly when we first got there but as the time went on he seemed very grateful. Gotta love it. We also had a lesson with a less active member that we don't really know if he is a less active member. He said he was baptized but never really went after that. But his wife is not a member and she is a social worker so has a hard time believing in a God with all that she sees. I totally get it. But we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and I really felt strongly that they would be blessed from reading it and I know that the Book of Mormon is truly an amazing book. It can help us in everything. So that was good. I hope they want to continue to learn. He has a lot of potential. 
Sunday was a great day! Church was great. All about marriage and Temples... But I will skip to what happened. We found a new investigator. But the story is so cool. We knocked on her door and knew that she was Hindu but before we even said anything she invited us into her home. I was dumbfounded. So we taught her the Restoration and she loved it. She is a Hindu that loves
Jesus and you can even see the testimony she has of him in her eyes. She was so excited to read the Book of Mormon too! It was just really cool. I don't know how this is going to work out but I have hope that it will. And with God, it will!
It was good to hear about the many adventures you are having. I hope you all continue to love God and have faith in Christ's Atonement! I love you all!!

Much love,
 
Sister Richards
Beautiful Sunset!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment