Monday, July 18, 2016

Just Keep Swimming!! July 11, 2016

First of all I must say congrats mom on the new calling! You are going to rock it! I will pray for you! ;)
And 2nd I am super jelly that Beth is in Ireland.... without me.... again. Lame! But that's cool.

So today we were supposed to find out about transfers but there is no news... I am freaking out! Although I do know some things. So Thursday night we got a call while I was getting ready in the bathroom so Sister Larson just answered it. I come out of the bathroom and she falls to the floor crying. I was like, what the heck just happened?!! She got a call to train. I knew it. I have this curse of getting a new companion every transfer and most of my companions get a call to train or be a leader. So she was super upset because we both wanted to stay together. So we went to the trainers meeting on Friday and it was a really good meeting. After, President came up to me and said, "you are looking really happy". I was like, "well I was happy until you took my companion away from me to train!" And then he just gave me a look and I was very suspicious. But then he proceeded to tell me that we are not leaving each other, but that we are going to be in a trio and training a new missionary. I got super excited. So I looked over to my companion who was talking to Sister Mendendall and was being told the same thing. Her reaction was crazy funny. She freaked out. So we knew about transfers but we just want to make sure it's staying that way. So now we are trying to figure out how we are going to be in a trio and train and do all the other things we need to do, while trying to fit another person in our tiny apartment! Its going to be quite the adventure. But we are excited. It's going to be awesome!
 
Anyway, I am just going to tell you of the wonderful things that happened this week.
Sydney
We had an amazing lesson with Sydney this week. It was seriously so Spiritual. We were just talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I was just getting so excited about the Gospel. I just felt the Spirit and was just so happy about faith and being able to repent. I am grateful for being baptized and the gift of the Holy Ghost is an amazing gift! I was almost jumping for joy. Sydney is so awesome too. She is progressing so well. She even took notes during our lesson. Sad news though... We are not allowed to teach her anymore so we have to pass her off. I am so sad!! I really think she will get baptized one day! Hopefully I will still be here for that. Gosh, I just love this Gospel. It is so simple and wonderful.
 
We also had a really good zone meeting this week. It was quite amazing. We talked about what we are willing to pay to have the best mission experience possible. It just really made me think. I have been thinking a lot about going to the Missionary Training Center and when I first came out to the field. I just had that fire and I am getting a glimpse of that fire back. I know this is where I am supposed to be. We also talked about small victories. And that is something I really need to do better. Notice the small things that are going well. Notice Gods hand in the details, because He is in the details of our lives. So that was a good meeting to really refocus and recommit.
 
I already talked about the trainers meeting. I got to see lots of friends too. It was really cool to be in that meeting with all the other trainers and I just felt so much power. Here were humble missionaries that aren't Sister Training Leaders or Zone Leaders or District Leaders. These were just missionaries that were going about a great work! I felt at home with them. All these leaders freak me out. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome, just a little scary sometimes. hehe.
 
We also got to teach Angela. She is a really sweet lady that is open to learning. She even taught her husband what we taught her! Ballin! So that was cool.
 
Saturday we got to go to a baptism in Aurora. Sister Larson's investigator from there was getting baptized and we were singing a song for him. It was such a cool experience. Watching him get baptized really just strengthened my testimony that baptism is real and important and true. I love this Gospel. And there were a ton of other missionaries there with their investigators and I just felt that humble power again. It was really cool. They were so kind and so wonderful. It was a great experience. Unfortunately the song probably wasn't that great because I have this head cold thing going on right now. But it was still awesome!
 
The work is moving along! This is an amazing work and I love being a part of it. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and keep the faith. You can do all things through Christ! Make Him your center!
 
Love you!!

Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment