Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Satan is a babe.....apparently July 25, 2016



So my lovely companion is convinced that Satan is a babe. And it kind of makes sense because you know how they talk about in the scriptures that Christ will not have any form of comeliness as to not desire him? So she thinks that he is very desirable and that is why he is such a turd and so good at getting into peoples hearts. She is funny. We have great talks about Satan. Mainly just yelling at him because he is so dumb.

Anyway this week was a pretty good one. Tuesday we got a new investigator. Her name is Shirley and she is as old as can be and so cute. We had a really good lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation. She was really open to it and it left her thinking. She had never heard some of it before. So that was cool.
 
Wednesday was bittersweet. We did some good service and then had interviews with President and Sister Mendenhall. That was really good. Sister Mendenhall was talking about marriage with me. I was like, hold the phone! I still have 6 months and probably a lot longer after that before marriage is going to enter my mind. Geez! But it was good to talk to them. And it did get me thinking about goals and whatnot. Then we did some more service for one of our investigators, Susan. She is a Buddhist and very interesting. She likes to feed us and she even gave us water bottles. They are freaky fresh. So that was good. She is super sweet! So kind. Then we had a very sad but powerful lesson. We had to pass Sydney off to the Parker ward Sisters. We found out that she is not actually in our boundaries. I don't remember if I actually told you about her but she is so awesome. She is golden but doesn't want to be. She has been to every church you could think of and this was the only one she likes. She takes notes during our lessons and is just so sweet. Oh and she is 15. So adorable. But it was so sad because we had to pass her off. But it was still a pretty powerful lesson. I could just feel so much love for her. She will get there some day. And I better be invited. Just sayin...
 
Thursday we had a pretty good District meeting. We talked about different ways of finding and helping our investigators with their Spiritual conversion. It was really good. Then we had a very frustrating lesson with Benji. He is just ridiculous. He refuses to pray about the Book of Mormon and we just don't understand why! So dumb. So we are going to try one more time and then have to cut him off for real. I don't even want to say anything else about that day. It was pretty terrible.
 
Friday I hit my year mark. And I had quite the breakthrough personally. I knew that it would be quite the turning point of a day, seeing as I now only have 6 months left to kick my own butt into gear and preach the Gospel. It makes me sad to think there is an end. I never thought this day would come and now I don't understand how it came so fast. What is life? But I have a changed attitude and am working on positive thoughts. But we had dinner with the Bennions and that was awesome. We had breakfast for dinner and I have come to realize that I love when people make me breakfast. Probably because dad would make it a lot for us when I was younger. I miss that. Thanks dad. :) But then they showed us their theater room and holy crap, it is the bomb. I want a theater room when I grow up. So, yeah, that was cool. And we had another interesting experience. We got to teach a lesson to a random lady and her daughter. It was super Spiritual and when we asked them to commit to something they straight up said no. I was shocked. That hasn't really ever happened to me. At least not for a long time. How can you deny the Spirit you have felt!? That darn agency. But it was a great experience. Maybe one day their hearts will be soft enough.
 
Saturday we had a great mini Zone meeting where we got trained on how to use the Temple approach. It got me so excited. Oh and in case you didn't know, Fort Collins Temple open house is Aug 19- Sep 10. So that is exciting. So we have just been inviting everyone we see to go to the Temple. It's been great.
Sunday we had a good day. There were a lot of good lessons. And we got to visit with Brother Ogden. He is active but his wife is not and they like to expound upon the scriptures. We did Revelation 1 last night. Did I understand any of it? Not in the slightest. But I also felt like I learned a lot... so that was good.
 
So not a ton happened this week but we laughed a lot more than we have in the past couple of weeks and that just makes everything better. So it was great. I hope you have a wonderful week! Keep smiling! And #behappy!! 

Much love,
Sister Richards
 
Thanks Eric....

She didn't want to take a picture with me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment