Monday, November 7, 2016

Just a few more seconds October 24, 2016

Hopefully I get the disk today, I am dying!!! But thanks for the update on baseball. I have missed that in my life.
This week was still a little slow but we found a new investigator so that is pretty cool. 
Tuesday we went on exchanges so I was with Sister Loyd in Parker ward. I didn't get any pictures with her so sorry. I have been failing for real at taking pictures this week. So many regrets. But anyway we had a pretty good day. We found 3 new investigators so that was cool. And we got to meet with a recent convert named David. He is the sweetest. So funny too. He just loves to joke around. He also had knee surgery recently and it brought back some great memories of when I had surgery. We had fun. We also got to have dinner in a mansion. Mansions scare me. They are pretty but I feel like I cant walk in one so as to not mess it up. But that is about all I have to say about that exchange. 
Wednesday we had a pretty good day. Lots of finding. But my favorite part was when we got to teach Sarah. She is my favorite. We always have the best lessons there. She is a spiritual giant. I always learn so much from her when we go over there. For someone not active, she has an amazing testimony of the Atonement. I just love her so much. She is so great! We just shared a talk called "Discovering the Divinity Within" and it was so good. I just felt so much of Gods love for her. She is progressing so well! 
Thursday we had an interesting District Meeting. But I always love learning new things. We also got to have some great experiences. We almost got a new investigator. She was really cool and had lots of questions. So we gave her a Book of Mormon and she seemed really interested. So hopefully we get to teach her. But then we had interesting things happened. We were in an area where there was a school and it was time for school getting out. There were so many people, I didn't know what to do. But then I failed and didn't talk to everyone. But I learned a valuable lesson about how we need to talk to everyone. Everyone needs to at least have to opportunity to accept or reject. But if we don't ever talk to them, we aren't giving them that chance to say no. Or yes. So that was a humbling experience. 
Friday was when we got out new investigator. Her name is Kian. She is a very interesting character but super friendly. She just seemed so stressed and confused about what we were talking about but she said she would read the Book of Mormon and said we could come back so that's good. We also got to see Sister Kirsten. She seemed to be doing much better than last time we talked with her. But she just said some things that really touched my heart. And it made me feel like I am needed and making a difference here. So that was cool. You never know what the good you will do for someone even if it's small. 
Saturday was a rough day! But we met this really nice man named "D".
And he was an answer to my prayers. I was just really struggling and people were being really mean that day and so I just prayed for someone to be nice. And he was so nice. We didn't really teach him anything but he had a cool story about how missionaries helped him out a long time ago in California. So he loves missionaries and just kept saying to not give up. Keep going. And then he rubbed in my face that I only have 3 months left. That was not very nice, but it gave me the motivation I needed to keep going that day. We had the Trunk or Treat for Newlin Meadows. That was pretty good. There weren't as many decorated trunks as I thought but I got lots of candy. And I failed again because I didn't take any pictures. There were lots of cute costumes though. Lots of superman, only the best! :) So that made my day. 
Sunday was pretty good too. We had a really good church meeting and it just got me excited to share the Book of Mormon with everyone. So we went out and talked to a lot of people. And we had a really fun dinner with the Grieve's/Ogden's. They are seriously my favorite. We always have a good time. They are great people. And we started teaching Liam the lessons before he gets baptized. He is a very smart kid. 
So we are halfway through the transfer and hopefully things continue to pick up. Slowly but surely they will come!!
I am so grateful for you, my family, to support me in my decision to serve a mission. I have been blessed immensely by this experience and I hope and pray that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hand in sharing the Gospel with Colorado!
Ask God for you to be an answer to someone's prayer today. Keep the faith! Love you bunches!! 

Much love,
Sister Richards
Yes I look pretty scary in this picture but I was really excited to be walking in the middle of the road in the dark. Yes I am weird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment