Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Note.....January 11, 2016

Note: So I started to write this email as my main email but then it became a tangent and I thought that you could just have it. You can share it with anyone you want to or even put in on the blog, I don't mind. But it was just random. Also I felt like that topic was very appropriate for this weeks subject line so thanks for that!!

Yeah Lisa told me about your therapy getting in the way! No worries. Thanks for the addresses! Yes I did get the Read About It. It was very nice. I liked all the pictures :)
I am glad that your back is doing better. Blessings are pretty great. I have definitely heard some things in my blessings that make me go, "dang it". But its all good. I love getting blessings. The power of the Priesthood is so real!
That is so fun that you got to go to the temple. I have missed going to the temple so much!! And now we are going even less this year because of the new rule. It makes me sad but I will definitely do as much work as I can and get some help too.
Good luck with your talk! I am sure it is going to be great!! And that is interesting that Beth gave a talk about the Holy Ghost cause that has been something that has been coming up a lot lately in my studies. The Holy Ghost is so important in this work and I am really trying to figure out how it works in me too. And I really like your topic though. It hits pretty home for me. I can't tell you how many times I have been grateful for the struggles that I go through. I know that sounds weird but if you know that all things are for your good, you have a better outlook on it. I am going through the refiners fire right now and it is hard. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. And it also makes me think about Mosiah 24:14. We go through the things we do to learn and to test our faith and to come out of it with a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. But we are also able to use those things we have learned to help other people. And that is something I feel like I am doing now. I don't know everything, nor have I gone through everything the people I talk to go through. But I know the importance of relying on my Savior during those hard times. I am not perfect at it but that is why I am tested. To learn and to become better at it. Ether 12:27 comes to mind too. With faith and humility we can overcome any weakness that keeps us from progressing. Through the power of the Atonement we can be made whole. Mosiah 14 (its also in Isaiah) talks about about how with His stripes we are healed. That is so true. The Atonement leaves no scars. Don't let yourself struggle more than you have to. He went through it alone so we don't have to. USE the Atonement. Don't let it go to waste.  
Anyway that was a really random tangent. I think I needed to write that more than anyone really needs to read that... But there it is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment