Sunday, January 31, 2016

New Baby Pool.....January 25, 2016

Well hello,
This week was a very long one and rather stressful. But that is life. And honestly, it is a miracle we saw as many people as we did. God is good. 
Wednesday we had a mission wide training and it was awesome. We learned a lot about having better teaching skills and really letting the Spirit work and be the teacher. Cause he is. I was reading in 3 Nephi 10-11 today and it just talked a little about how the Holy Ghost will bear record of Jesus Christ and it is so true. We didn't really get to talk to anyone that day because of transfers and what not. I love my new area. There are so many beautiful houses and trees, it just reminds me of home. It's great. And my new companion, Sister Hudson, is great. She is from Texas and came out a transfer before me. This transfer going to be great. The only thing that stinks is that we get lost almost 24/7--Cause there are new parts that are not in our GPS maps. It creates lots of adventures for us...
Thursday we had District Meeting. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It was really good. And the Book of Mormon has so many answers for us it's ridiculous. We got lost so bad that day. We were like 45 minutes late to our dinner and boy was that an adventure. But they are the coolest young couple. They were super sweet and totally okay with it. Also she made the best home made rice I have ever had. Yum.
Friday, I thought I was going to die. We were walking for 2 straight hours getting lost in the cold and I forgot my coat. I was frozen to the core when we got back to the car. It took a good while to get thawed out from that. But we got to see a less active member and she is just a cute little old lady. And I met probably the best family ever in this ward. They are just so cute and love to help us out. I want to be like them someday.
Saturday was crazy awesome! We got to see so many people. And the weather was beautiful. It was such a good day. We got to see lots of miracles. I have noticed that there is a theme in every ward I have served in. It's rather interesting. But this ward is nice. We found a new investigator, Anisha and her dad. It was really cool teaching them the Restoration cause they kept saying that everything just made sense. It was super cool. We also got to visit another investigator, Gerald. I don't know how solid he is but he came to Church on Sunday so that is pretty awesome! 
Our Church building is really interesting. In the chapel there is a mural painted of Christ teaching people. It was very interesting. I felt like I was in the South for some reason. It was cool.
I don't really have much else to talk about. I probably won't be able to send pictures until I get an adapter thing to hook my camera to the computer since it doesn't have a slot like my last areas. So sorry if you don't get any pictures. 
Anyway I'm excited for Ben to get baptized! I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thanks for all the love. 
God is good. This gospel is great!!

Much love, 
Sister Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment